Let your friends select the music that plays on your Android device!
Plug your phone into a stereo and let friends pick the tunes via XBMC/Kodi remotes on their phones (Android, iPhone, etc)
* Includes HTTP, JSON and event servers
* Supports multiple simultaneous connections
* Reads ID3 tags
* Password (in paid version)
* Tested with the top 3 XBMC remotes in the Android market
* Builds a playlist of the songs you play
* Supports most database commands
* Supports nearly all JSON commands
* Will find multiple "music" folders - eg on internal and external storage.
- Only music and cover art (No images or video).
- Does many XBMC commands but not all (no playlists, queuing)
- This is the free version... has ads
This the free version: has ads, does not support password.
I see some folks are asking about the GPL in the comments.
This app is all code I made myself. It contains no code from the XBMC project or elsewhere. Its based on the online XBMC docs and experimentation. I mailed the gentleman from the XBMC project who left the comment.
Try it in the dashboard Android device.
XBMC/Kodi Server (host) - Free is a free software application from the Audio File Players subcategory, part of the Audio & Multimedia category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2014-07-23. The program can be installed on Android.
XBMC/Kodi Server (host) - Free (version 0.3.4) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 76 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.